Saturday, March 12, 2011

A long time comin'

It's been a long time since I was here last! As you might guess, not only have I been busy busy but emotionally overwhelmed. A lot has happened, but most of it I can't talk about here in order to respect others' privacy. As a result, I have decided to have a private blog where I can talk about those things, and at the same time keep this blog.....maybe. I'm not so good at keeping this one up to date, so what makes me think I can do two?

In a quick synopsis, the first quarter of the year is gone. Brianna and Brannick are back with their mother, so things here have really calmed down. Dylan is on the last step of submitting his mission papers, so we will be in the "waiting for a call" phase, hopefully by Monday. Yay!!  
Oh my goodness!Where did this big handsome guy come from? It seems like yesterday I was trying to  get him dressed for church, and now he is an independant, hardworking, "fire fightin' farm boy"? 

Adam is finishing up his eagle project, so that is way exciting! He and Dylan are the first Eagle scouts on both sides of the family! We are so proud of them. He is still attending Kimber Academy, and making progress.

Josslin is at home, looking for work. She is a joy to have around, and a big help to me.

Paul and I are just keeping on keeping on. We are planning on some house projects beginning here in the next few weeks, among them being : new siding on the house, fencing and irrigation to the property, improving the pasture, adding some pigs, and building a new goat pen.  Then of course, we will be putting in the garden. This year we are going to try elevated garden boxes on the west side of the house, and hope to start a small orchard. Whew! I am really excited about it all, and can't wait to get started.

Over the past several weeks, we have been repainting the main living areas, and I am really happy with the results.



The front room is a off white with blue trim, one wall is done in brick red, and the dining room has one wall that is the off white with a glaze ragrolled on over it. The entire kitchen is done in the rag roll technique except the ceiling. Don't you love the feeling that a fresh coat of paint brings ? Everything feels new and clean! Next up to paint are the bedrooms!

Well, I think that will some it up for now, everyone have a great weekend!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It's so fun to hear from you again. Your garden/house/yard projects sound wonderful!